Tuesday, March 13, 2012

NEW AND IMPROVED SKINCARE ROUTINE!!!!

Hello there. I know in my earlier posts I talked about how much I love Borba products and that they were my favorite, and I also complained about how I had blackheads and dry flaky skin all the time...coincidence? Nope. Turns out Borba was causing all of my skin issues! And I did a review on the Bare Vitamins skin revver upper back in January, saying how it was helping my blackheads go away. That was short lived. It ended up drying my poor skin out so bad that it broke out more and I had big pores and everything. UGH! I hated my face a couple months ago...but thanks to some daily research on Google, and Youtube, and the wonderful Walgreens.com, I have the best skin I've had since I was like 20! I still get an occasional pimple or two, because sometimes I am too tired after work to wash my face and I wake up with a couple. BUT here is how I turned my frown upside down:
First off I heard good things about cleansing milks...particularly Bliss clog dissolving milk. So..since I am starting to replace all of my beauty items with natural versions, I searched for a natural one and found it in Beauty Without Cruelty aromatherapy cleansing milk.
I love this stuff sooo much!!! I found it at Walgreens.com and it was around $12. I really can't believe how much this has helped my skin! I really almost have NO BLACKHEADS anymore! I maybe have like 6 now. I use these in conjunction with the Yes to cucumbers facial wipes because I need a wipe to take my eye makeup off. I'm scared of putting cleansers on my eyes, so first I use the wipe, then I use the cleansing milk as a toner sort of, and massage it onto my face, then swipe it off with a cotton ball and rinse with cold-ish water. I also use the cleansing milk as a morning face wash, it's awesome for that too. This gets every trace of makeup off my face and doesn't dry it out AT ALL! After rinsing with cool water, I pat my face dry with a towel, then apply Josie Maran's argan oil lightly over my whole face, and then a little more under my eyes and around my orbital bone...not my eyelids. I let that sink in a few minutes then use 100% cocoa butter as an eye cream....yes it can be used on your face. It actually has given me better results than ANY eye cream I have ever tried...and that's alot. I rub it a few times under my eyes..being careful not to get too close to my eye, and down to the the top of my cheekbone where I use to get flakes. Then I rub it and pat it under my eyes until its almost fully absorbed. If I feel like I'm going to need some extra moisturization from wind or cold..even though now I wont need it, I use a dab of Lush"s skin drink moisturizer on my whole face and rub it in as good as I can. And that's it! The skin drink is almost all natural, I think I will find a different one when I run out though. Since it will be warm outside now, I won't need such a rich cream, so I'm going to try one from 100% Pure..which is an amazing company that makes all their products from fruit, vegetables and essential oils! I actually have a package of some of there cosmetics coming in the mail..and I will review them when I try them out. Ok so back to this routine, I can't believe the change in my skin. People actually think I'm 21 sometimes, and I will be 29 next week! How awesome is that??? My pores have shrunk to half their size, no more blackheads,a nd my undereyes are smooth and soft again! And all of these products are very affordable, (the cocoa stick is $1.25 at the dollar store!), and they are all natural, except for the skin drink..it has propylene glycol in it..ugh.. and they work amazingly for me...I hope they work for you too, if they do let me know!

No comments: