Sunday, June 3, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW!!!! Nourish Almond Vanilla organic deodorant!

I have pretty much switched all of my beauty products to natural ones since the beginning of 2012, and the most recent product for me was deodorant. I usually use secret, or suave deodorant/ anti- perspirant, but since I've been reading about ingredients in everything, I found out that almost all anti-persoirants have really bad chemicals in them, and can even cause alzheimers! There are some ingredients you need to look out for: 
"Aluminum chlorohydrate, aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex gly or any aluminum compounds. Aluminum is absorbed through the skin and accumulates in the body. It has been suggested that there is an association between aluminum and Alzheimer’s disease.

Parabens (methyl, ethyl, propyl, benzyl and butyl), are all derived from toluene, a toxic petrochemical derivative. Toluene is toxic if swallowed or inhaled. It is also harmful in contact with the skin. There is some evidence that repeated exposure to toluene may cause reproductive harm. Since 2000, 13 research studies have shown that various types of parabens act like estrogen in animals and in tissue culture. Estrogen is known to drive the growth of cancerous cells."- dyingtolookgood.com


Pretty scary stuff! Who would have thought just trying to make your arm pits more tolerable to smell could be so dangerous???? So, I looked around all over the internet, and even tried some natural deodorant I found in Meijer, the crystal roll on, which burned when I rolled it on and had to wipe off immediately, but I finally found a natural, ORGANIC  deodorant that I really really like. It is NOT an anti-perspirant. Those are bad. It is simply a deodorant to help with body odor and smells like ice cream (to me anyway!) This product is from a company called "Nourish Organic food for healthy skin", and they are just awesome! I don't really know how I found them, but I was just browsing around online and did, and I believe they sell their products at some whole foods, but I have never been to one to find out lol. Anyway, this company has some awesome values, and they are certified organic, cruelty free, vegan, gluten free, and all of their packaging is made with  25% post-consumer recycled content, and everything is recyclable. How cool is that? They have more products than just awesome deodorant. The have body creams, butters,  washes, hand washes, and a scrub, and I think they make skincare too but I couldn't tell you where to find it bacuase it isn't on their website. Back to the review! My order that I placed back at the beginning of may was just for the Almond Vanilla deodorant, and the price is $7.99 and shipping was supposed to be $5 but there was some sort of error and I was charged $9.97 by mistake. That was something I did not enjoy, but eventually they emailed me and refunded the full shipping price! That was awesome of them to do, and I really liked that they have customer service like that. So when I recieved my package it came in a little white box with the Nourish logo on the outside, and my deodorant, a little card telling me about the body cream and a photocopy of a hand written message was inside:

Now this deodorant is a little different than the ones most people use.  Since it is not an anti-perspirant, you still sweat while wearing it. You will feel wetness in your pits if you are being physical, or in the heat, but you won't stink! I wear it everyday while working out, and while working, and I rarely smell anything at all in my pits. Maybe if I hadn't showered before work will I smell myself, but that's rare. They offer different scents other than almond vanilla,such as fresh fig, pure unscented, wild berries, and lavender mint. I chose almond vanilla because I love the smell of vanilla on anything. MMMMMM it really does smell like ice cream to me! The ingredients are really awesome too: organic coconut oil, organic beeswax, organic corn starch,organic cocoa butter, organic shea butter, organic saccharomyces ferment, organic fragrance. Since it is made of such moisturizing ingredients, it goes on very creamy, almost balm like. It feels very smooth on your skin too. I used to get razor bumps after shaving with regualr anti- perspirant, and I also had a hard time getting my armpits clean in the shower because it would just be all crumbly and weird from the anti perspirant but that doesn't happen anymore! My armpits are really soft, and smooth now and come clean easily in the shower. This stuff is amazing and I can't wait to try the rest of their products!

almond vanilla deodorant 2.2 0z



Add caption
Well, that's all I have on this product, but I really love it and I hope some of you will try it out, and look them up on their website at nourishusda.com and read their story, it is really neat and they are a great company! BYE!!! 


1 comment:

stanley ipkiss said...

Good work…unique site and interesting too… keep it up…looking forward for more updates on Organic deodorant