Saturday, January 26, 2013

Lippy Girl organic lipsticks.( Sassy Ass & Mother Pucker)

Hey guys! I'm not sure if any of you watched my Luckyvitamin.com haul video a few weeks ago, but if you did you heard me mention that I was looking for a bright fuchsia and a  bright red lipstick but was having a hard time finding them. Years ago, I had a Sephora brand fuchsia lipstick that was so beautiful, and glossy, kinda like a lip gloss that was my favorite lipstick ever! But seeing as how for the past year I have been strictly natural, I couldn't use that anymore...so I have been searching for a natural version. AND I FOUND IT. I don't have a picture of the Sephora one because it's been years since I had it, but I fondly remember it, and I think this is an exact match in every way (besides icky ingredients of course!) This lipstick is from the brand Lippy Girl Makeup, which is an organic and CRUELTY FREE makeup company from Canada that has organic lipsticks, vegan organic lipsticks, clear gloss, lip shimmers, lip balm, and pressed blushes, and the ingredients are amazing! The color selection is also amazing considering they are completely natural and organic! The lipsticks ( both the organic and vegan) retail for $14.50USD and $15.50CAD. I myself am not a vegan so having beeswax in my lip products doesn't bother me, but if you are they also have a vegan lipstick line as well! The two colors I chose were Sassy Ass (fuchsia), and Mother Pucker (bright red).  I really like the names they give all of their products. Very sassy! The boxes they come in are super cute too, they remind me of Barbie, especially the logo ( my sister is a Barbie addict so I know it well!).







So like I said, super cute packaging! The tube it comes in is cute as well, but it seems kinda cheaply made, like they are going to break if you don't handle them carefully, and  I read reviews before I bought these and other people said the same thing. When you pull the cap off, the tube actually pops out of the base, I don't know if it is so you can put it into another one or what, but I just popped it back in.



Now let's get to the good stuff!! The actual lipsticks! Now obviously if you haven't guessed by now, the fuchsia is my favorite. I just love that color so much.



 This is exactly what I was looking for when trying to replace the Sephora lipstick. Sassy Ass performs the same, the color match is exact, and it is very glossy. Bingo! The only thing about this lipstick is the sheerness. I personally don't mind it because I've always been a lip gloss girl rather than lipstick (I don't like the way I look with opaque lips), so for me it is perfect because it has a bit more coverage than a gloss, but still acts like one. For those of you who like a really opaque lip, this probably isn't for you, unless you use it over a lip pencil first to give it more coverage. It is really creamy and smooth and glossy on the lips, and feels very moisturizing. You will have to touch it up through the day though if you plan on wearing it for long periods of time. Because of it's creamy, glossy texture, it comes off on your drink, or anything that comes in contact with your mouth really lol.
 
 



Mother Pucker is a bright red color, like a vintage pinup red. I really, really wanted a real red lipstick for the past couple months, so I was super duper excited when I saw this! It is very sheer but more buildable than Sassy Ass, so you can get a an opaque coverage but still glossy. It is really the color I wanted in a red lipstick...but after trying it on I realized I don't look good with red lips. My boyfriend came in the room after I tried this on and said "uh....maybe it's just not your color", and I was thinking that myself but after hearing it from him I knew it was time to just wipe it off. Oh well, my sister said she wants it and she looks beautiful in red lips! Win win.  I can't wait to try more products from Lippy Girl! There are so many lipstick shades to choose from, and also about 6 different blushes, so it will be hard to pick just one! You can get them directly from Lippygirl.com, or goodearthbeauty.com which is where I got mine. Have you tried Lippy Girl lipsticks or blushes?



ingredients (both colors):
organic beeswax, organic jojoba seed oil, organic castor seed oil, vegetable perhydrosqualene, natural tocopherol (vitamin e), grapeseed oil. may contain: titanium oxides, iron oxides.

6 comments:

Caitie said...

These look gorgeous! I've been eying Lippy Girl the last couple months, but I haven't given in yet. I'm sure it's only a matter of time :)

shookanuca said...

They really are gorgeous! I think they are fantastic for the price, too bad I don't look good in red lips though!

LonelyKiwee said...

I've been trying to find a super red lipstick, and that mother pucker seems to be perfect! Plus, they are in CANADA! Yay! However, the looseness of their packaging is making me hesitate xD. I'm still struggling on whether or not to purchase...I was also wondering, when you wear it on, is it really oily? Thanks! Great review!

shookanuca said...

Thank you :)It isn't REALLY oily, but it is definitely very moisturizing. It feels kinda like a lip gloss going on. I'm not really sure what's up with the packaging either, but as long as you don't pull the bottom off it doesn't just pop off.

EcoChicBeautyDiva said...

They're stunning! If your tweet didn't make me want to get some, these swatches did!

shookanuca said...

wow thank you!I wear them mixed together for a really pretty bright pink color too. I love them.