Friday, March 8, 2013

D.I.Y. body butter!

Hey guys! Have you ever ran out of lotion or body butter, but didn't know it until you stepped out of the shower? What are you supposed to do? Just let your skin get all dried out? No!! You just make your own! That's what happened to me today....I had a good sweaty cardio session and had to get in the shower...but realized I was completely out of my AMAZING Nourish almond vanilla body butter (the BEST body butter of all time!) when I got out. Then I remembered I had all the ingredients necessary to just whip up a batch of my own! It's not the same as the Nourish, but it's still very hydrating. The first step I did was just wash out the empty container the Nourish was in, and dry it out.


The container is only 3.6 oz, so I just decided to use 1/4 cup of each of my butters to make 4 oz, which filled it completely to the top (the Nourish stopped just under the ring).
What you will need:
- 1/4 cup raw shea butter ( mine is from Sweet Madina organics on etsy)


- 1/4 cup organic unrefined coconut oil ( mine is from trader joes)


- essential oils or fragrance of your choice ( optional)- mine was the last few drops of a sample of sugar cookie body spritz from Natural Joy Beauty.


- bowl
- hand mixer
- container for your body butter
- measuring cups ( 1/4 cup)

Start by measuring out your butters.

1/4 c shea butter

1/4 c coconut oil





Next, get your bowl and mixer ready...this is going to go really quick! Dump your butters into a mixing bowl.


Mix them until they are blended.


Add your fragrance (optional)




Blend again. ( just a couple seconds)

Now you are ready to put your new body butter in your container.




This step is also optional, but you can put your body butter in the fridge after you are done to firm it up a little. About 10 minutes.

You are done! Now you can enjoy your new fabulous body butter that you made yourself!






Do you have any d.i.y. body products you love? Would you like to see more blog posts like this? Let me know!


xo-
Shauna




3 comments:

Dana Williamson said...

Lol, but is it wrong that I want to eat that??! Looks fab :) I love diy too, great fun and so much more satisfying! x

Dana @livegreenbeauty.com xx

shookanuca said...

Thank you :) I really have been enjoying it too, actually I've almost used it up! And it got rid of these little bumps I had on my legs!

Roxy said...

Looks great!! I have just bought this and can't wait to try it out!

Www.cottoncandyfro.blogspot.com