Monday, March 25, 2013

Raw Skin Ceuticals B.B.Matte Creme Foundation spf 20 SWATCHES & mini review!

Hi guys! If you follow me on twitter, you have heard me talk about this foundation at least twenty times, and that I liked it so much I ended up buying the full size. This post though, is just going to be showing you the swatches from the five samples that I got to test out, and also a little info about the foundation its self. This way you can get a clear picture of what they may look like on the skin. I ordered the custom sampler direct from Sarah, the co-founder of Raw Skin Ceuticals via email, ( which is the only way to get it), and I got 3 neutral shades and 2 warm shades to try because my skin is kind of in the middle of these. Let me first tell you about the foundation, and talk about the ingredients and all that jazz first...then I'll move on to the swatching! The website says this:

Mica free, talc free, silica free, bismuth free, fragrance free, and chemical free.
S.P.F. 20 B.B. formula
Clean matte finish
Provides medium to full coverage
Antioxidant and vitamin c herb complex
UVA/ UVB protection combats signs of age
Protects against toxins and bacteria
Hydrates and evens tone






This foundation comes in 3 tones, cool, neutral, and warm. The shades range from 101(very fair) to 108 (very dark). I ordered N101, N102, N103, W101, and W102. I only wanted to try the 101 and 102 shades but I needed 5 to get the sampler so that's why there is the 103...it's WAY too dark for me! When I first read the ingredients, and the back story of how the company was started, I was immediately drawn in and wanted to try everything I could get my hands on, just because it was the cleanest makeup I've ever seen, ingredients wise. So I decided to just start with the foundation, and if I liked it I would move onto the other products.
The samples came in an acrylic jar, and were actually quite large for a sample! There is enough for about a week of wears, for me anyway!


Ok, so the foundation has a slight herbal scent, but not that noticeable, and not at all when applied to your skin. It goes on like a thick cream moisturizer, and blends pretty well. I applied it over 100% Pure night balm, so it made it a little harder to spread, but left it dewy instead of the matte it is supposed to be,(which I prefer). It covers VERY well, I was actually really surprised with the coverage. I guess I shouldn't have been because the description told me it was, but I'm always a skeptic.

from top left: N1,N2,N3
bottom left: W1,W2

The swatches I did on my arm actually blended so much easier than on my face, with hardly any effort, because there was no moisturizer on it. The description of this foundation was pretty accurate with the coverage, and the finish it gives, and about it evening your skin tone...it does all these things! The only thing I didn't find true was the hydrating of the skin. Mine got pretty dried out as the day went on, and by the time I got off work my skin was dehydrated. It could have been the air in my building, or maybe not drinking enough water that day, either way I had to re-moisturize.
I did end up finding a perfect match for my skin though, which was very exciting! The color that I ended up finding the best was W102, and it is actually a dead match for my Ohsudz concealer! That was amazing because that is my holy grail makeup item.




From left: W2, W1

from left: N1, N2, N3(blended)




Other than the slight dehydration...which could have been anything, I really enjoy this foundation. I'm glad I got to test it out before I bought it, and when I bought the full size it was actually on sale on Abe's Market for $4 less, so that was even  better. I hope this little review was helpful if you are looking into trying Raw Skin Ceuticals crème foundation, and let me know if you give it a try!

xo,
Shauna

full size: 1 oz $22.00
where to buy: Lucky Vitamin, Abe's Market, Raw Skin Ceuticals

ingredients:
aloe barbadenis (aloe leaf juice), rosa rubginosa (rosehip seed oil), garcinia indica (mango butter), cannabis sativa (hemp seed oil), calophyllum inophyllum (tamanu oil), cucurbita pepo (pumpkin seed oil), oenothera biennis (evening primrose oil), persea gratissima (avocado oil), cetyl-stearyl alcohol, proprietary vitamin C herb complex blend: glebionis (chrysanthemum), helisso chrysos (helichrysum flowers), citrus sinensis (orange peel), rosa canina (rosehips), euphrasia officinalis (eyebright), malpighia glabra (acerola cherry), galium aparine (cleavers), l-ascorbic acid (vitamin C) preservative blend: potassium sorbate usp, citric acid mineral oxides for color

2 comments:

Adi said...

I don't wear any makeup but I've always wondered how foundation works on people's faces. I have some friends who wear makeup but have skin that is very prone to breakouts. I wonder if the foundation might have anything to do with it. Either way, I'll let them know about this.

vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

shookanuca said...

It might be. I know that some of the fillers in mineral makeup can cause acne.