Friday, July 26, 2013

Zuzu Luxe "The Mascara" review



Hey guys! Since I am just about to throw out my mascara because it is almost 3 months old, I thought it would be a perfect time to tell you how I felt about it. Ok, this was not my FAVORITE mascara ever, but it did the job and based on the fact that it has very clean ingredients, and was reasonably priced I give it a thumbs up.
sorry about the awful pic..I'm not good at closeups!

I actually got mine on ebay for $16.00 and free shipping, but I think it is around that same price on any of the natural discount stores as well. When I first got it I was really excited because I had only used 2 other natural mascaras since my switch ( 100% pure, and honey bee gardens), and I was really looking for something that would give my lashes a little more "umph". But sadly, this was not the one to do it, which was disappointing because I LOVE their liquid liner.

 FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

 "Did it even apply anything to my lashes"? It was VERY natural looking. Which isn't a bad thing if that's what you are looking for, but I was really looking for a mascara that would give me the volume I had been missing since ditching my conventional makeup. I believe the reason for the lack of volume is that the formula is so wet when it is fresh. I actually had to let my brush set out and dry up a little before applying to make it a little bit tacky and separate my lashes enough to look like I was even wearing mascara. I also tried applying it with an lash/brow brush which did help a little with volume.

AFTER A MONTH OF USE:

 The formula did dry up a little and I did find it gave my lashes a little more definition and I actually grew to like it. The more it dried up, the better it performed and it became a really nice mascara for "no make-up make-up" days, or to wear to work. After all is said and done, I think I would recommend this mascara to anyone who loves a subtle, natural looking make-up look. Have you ever tried Zuzu Luxe mascara? Did you like it?

xo,

Shauna

1 comment:

http://healthfinanceblog.com said...

Nice post, a Variety of natural mascaras is here Natural Mascaras