Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Desert Essence red raspberry shampoo and conditioner review.


Hey everyone! Today's topic...natural shampoo and conditioner. One of the most important beauty products in my opinion! I have medium thick, curly frizzy hair, so when looking for a natural shampoo and conditioner, I have to make sure it's moisturizing and helps with the frizz. Even though this combo doesn't say it's for curly hair, I decided to try it anyway because it's "shine enhancing", and curly hair always needs a little help in that department.

I saw a few reviews of the Desert Essence red raspberry shampoo/ conditioner on youtube, and they were all pretty good, other than saying that it smells artificial and sickly sweet. I didn't find that to be true, I actually think it smells really nice and fruity. I had used one other shampoo by this brand in the past and really enjoyed it so I had high hopes for this one too.

The shampoo has a nice lather and it feels like my hair is really clean afterwards, unlike some others I have tried. I only wash my scalp/ root area when I shampoo, letting the suds do the bottom half as I rinse them out...this is something my hair requires to keep the dryness and frizz at bay. What I love about this shampoo, is that it doesn't make my hair feel super tangly and stripped afterward,( although it is just a little tangly no matter what shampoo I use), but I also use conditioner on all of my hair besides the scalp and root.

The conditioner is my favorite of the two. For some reason I feel like there are more quality natural conditioners out there than there are shampoos. Is it just me? As soon as I apply it to my hair after washing, it feels very smooth and I can actually run my fingers through it while its wet! That's a win for me.

I am really satisfied overall with this shampoo and conditioner. Especially the conditioner! I think the shampoo could be a little more hydrating, but does a good job. I actually do see alot more shine on the upper part of my hair where I started using henna, because the rest of my hair is a little more course from where it was previously colored. I would definitely recommend it to someone who is looking for a natural shampoo to help their hair be a little more glossy looking.

Have you tried any of the Desert Essence shampoos and conditioners?
what did you think of them?



XO,

Shauna

Where to buy:
vitacost.com $4.98, iherb.com $6.05, luckyvitamin.com $5.53


shampoo:
Water (Aqua), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract*, Sodium Coco-Sulfate (Coconut Derived), Decyl Glucoside (Coconut and Corn Derived), Glycerin, Propanediol (Corn Derived), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Citric Acid, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Lauryl Glucoside (Plant Derived), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Potassium Sorbate (Fruit Derived), Stearyl Citrate (Vegetable Derived), Dehydroacetic Acid, Natural Fragrance (Parfum) *Certified Organic


conditioner:
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin (Palm), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Jojoba Esters, Natural Fragrance/Flavor (Parfum/Aroma), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Lepidium Meyenii Root Extract (Maca Root), Yucca Brevifolia (Yucca Cactus), Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey), Urtica Diocia (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract (Sea Kelp), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Water (Aqua).







6 comments:

sugarpuffish said...

I've been using the red raspberry conditioner for I think it may be a year now, only one I use on my hair, love it :-)

Shauna said...

I like it too! I have liked most of their products I've tried. I'm going to try the coconut one next.

Bunny said...

I just picked up a Green Apple conditioner yesterday. I forgot how much I liked this stuff. Way more affordable too.

Shauna said...

I know! Sometimes you can get them for around three dollars, which is amazing.

Misty Ewing said...

I want this!

Shauna said...

You can get it at luckyvitamin for about 5 bucks! Whole foods sells it too.