Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Liebster Award




Hey guys! This is a super exciting day here! Natural Beauty Junkie is getting it's second blogger award! This award is the Leibster award, and it is really special because it is a blogger-to-blogger award, and is given to blogs that have 300 or less subscribers. Another reason I am so excited about receiving this is because I was nominated by a fellow Kentucky blogger!

I was nominated by Sarah Alyse over at Bluegrass Greengirl, and I am loving her blog lately. I can't believe I wasn't following her sooner! If you aren't, then go now! :) 

To win the award officially, you have to do these things:
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the questions asked by the nominator
- Ask 11 questions to the bloggers you nominate
- Notify the nominees by going to their blogs and telling them

This will be tough! But let's get started.
11 facts about me:

1} I have the largest feet in my family ( I wear an 11.5 in womens)
2} I can't swim. I can doggie paddle, and kind of swim backwards, but that's it.
3} I have a deviated septum...in case you haven't noticed that my nose is crooked, that's why :)
4} I have only been to the ocean once in my life, and that was when I was 29.
5} I Even though I was born and raised here in Kentucky, I have never been to the Derby. 
6} I am obsessed with Australia, and want to go there so bad, but they have really big spiders there so that's a no-go lol.
7} Before going green, I actually went to culinary school for baking and pastry, and wanted to start a bakery. I use to sell my cupcakes and even catered my friend's wedding.
8} My natural hair color is dark blonde, but I feel like I should have been born a redhead.
9} My arm span is 3 inched longer than my body
10} I won 2 coloring contests in my life, one was in kindergarten and I got my picture hung up at the courthouse, and the second was at a 4th of July celebration at Rough River Lodge when I was little.
11} My middle name is the "generation name", and it is my mother's and grandmother's middle name.

Whew, it was hard to think of that many personal facts! Now onto the questions Sarah asked me.

1. What are you most grateful for this very second (first thing you think of)?
To be in a place where I am truly happy and hopeful.

2. What bad habit do you wish you could get rid of?
Procrastinating. I'm not that bad, but I still do it.
3. If you won the lottery, what would you do first?
Pay off our house. Then buy a farm in Lexington and grow/ raise everything we need. Then, get solar panels so we didn't have an electric bill. 
4. What do you spend more money on than you should because you love it (example- buying the expensive chocolate, paying to buy something local that is less expensive online, refusing to drink generic soda, etc.)?
I spend way too much on food! I always try to buy pesticide free, and /or organic if possible, and I am really trying to buy local. I admit I buy things I don't need sometimes and that's a problem. But I don't spend money on other things so I try to rationalize it that way.
5. What time period (past, present, or future) would you most want to live in?  Why?
Probably the 70's. I really love the clothing and music from that period, and I feel like people lived more naturally back then. We weren't obsessed with "things" and nobody had cell phones.
6. What word do you wish everyone used to describe you?
Sincere.
7. What would you most want to win a lifetime supply of?
Almond butter. Or my favorite moisturizer.
8. In your wildest dreams, what would you like to achieve with your blog?
I would love to be able to blog as my full time job. I have so much passion for healthy living, and trying to show people that you can live chemical free without thinking you have to spend your whole paycheck on beauty products or organic food. To be able to do that for a living is my dream!
9. Why did you decide to start blogging?
When I decided to go green back in 2012, everyone thought it was so strange. I didn't have support of anyone, so I decided to blog about it in hopes of finding other people that cared about the same things as me. I never thought I would find such an amazing community along the way!
10. If you could live anywhere in the world (and take anyone you want with you) where would you pick?I really want to go to Switzerland , and Australia. I think Switzerland would win because of Australia's crazy huge critters though! I would definitely take my boyfriend. I couldn't imagine not having him with me.
11. What space-age technology (like a transporter or robot maids) do you most wish we had today?
Teleporting for sure! Nomore gas, or traffic, or rediculous prices for cars. 

I nominate:
Andrea-  aka Shoudra Stargleam
Taylor- Simply Joy

Sorry If I left anyone out! I really don't know How to figure out who has not been nominated yet!

My Questions: 
(I stole some questions from Sarah Alyse:)
1. What made you start your blog?
2. If you had to choose only one green beauty item for the rest of your life, what would you choose? (This can be makeup, skincare, etc.)
3.  How did you decide on the name of your blog?
4. What is your dream job?
5. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
6. What are your most purchased items? 
7. What is your most prized posession?
8. What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
9. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
10. Which blogger do you admire the most?
11. What is your craziest memory with your best friend?


I just want to say thank you again to Sarah Alyse for the nomination! I am so honored! I hope you liked my answers and to  you gals I nominated, I can't wait to read your answers as well!

Xo,

Shauna

4 comments:

Shoudra Stargleam said...

Awww, thank you! This is so cool!

Shauna said...

You're welcome!! :)

Ru Chan said...

Congrats! It was fun reading about you, I can't swim too! *drowns

Sarah Alyse said...

Yay! So glad you decided to do a post. I loved reading your answers.
Spiders are a deal breaker for me too, BTW!