Saturday, June 21, 2014

Chagrin Valley Clay Silk Lemongrass Deodorant Review


Hey guys! I have done quite a few deodorant reviews since starting my green beauty journey. Most of the natural brand deodorants I have tried have been just ok, or have started out REALLY great, then ending with me not liking them at all. This one is a little different. No, alot different.

I have been using the Clay Silk deodorant from a little company called Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve for about two months now (  in super hot and humid Kentucky weather!) and let me just go ahead and say this now- I will never go back to any of those other brands!

Chagrin Valley offers SEVEN different deodorants, five Coconut Silk which contain baking soda, and two Clay Silk which contain bentonite clay. I had been eyeing the coconut silk since last year but my arm pits just can't handle the baking soda. So when they came out with the Clay Silk, I HAD to try it!


They key ingredient in this deo is bentonite clay. That is why it works SO well. Bentonite clay has been used in  many natural beauty and wellness products, is known as a detoxifying and healing clay, and for its ability to absorb and remove toxins,and impurities from the body.This powerful clay, along side anti-bacterial tea tree essential oil, helps absorb sweat and neutralize body odor at the same time! And believe me...it WORKS. You just rub your fingers into the tin, then rub onto your arm pit! You only need a little bit, because it is made with coconut oil it spreads really well.


Chagrin Valley created this deodorant for those sensitive to baking soda- like I am.

"An organic mineral deodorant that combines the natural antibacterial properties of virgin coconut oil and tea tree essential oil to minimize and neutralize odors naturally. Nutrient-rich bentonite clay, well known for its absorbent properties, helps absorb sweat naturally. This product is not an antiperspirant and the natural ingredients will not clog pores. A great alternative for those who are sensitive to baking soda." - Chagrin Valley

I still sweat while wearing this deo, like the description above mentioned, it is NOT an anti- perspirant but a deodorant. And it does exactly what is is supposed to do. Well, it works great for me! I know that everybody is different and have different preferences when it comes to deodorants, so this may not work the same for you as it does for me, but it is definitely worth checking out if you are sensitive to baking soda but want a natural product.

I truly LOVE this stuff! It comes in a 2 oz. tin, and you don't use much at a time so it will last for months. I apply it in the morning, sweat my butt off all day at work ( in 90+ degrees in the building), and barely smell at all at the end of the day. That has not been true of the other brands I have tried. They only worked well in cooler weather...

If you need a natural deodorant that will work for you, will last a long time, and doesn't have baking soda, I highly recommend you try Clay Silk. It is kinda pricey at $7.75 each, but for the amount you get it is worth the money (to me).

Have you ever tried any of the Clay Silk, or Coconut Silk deodorants? How did they work for you?
Let me know in the comments!


XO,

Shauna

Where to buy: 
Chagrin Valley Soap and Salve

Ingredients:
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil; Organic Jojoba Oil; Bentonite Clay; Organic Unrefined Beeswax; Organic Cocoa Butter; Organic Arrowroot Powder; Organic Essential Oils of Lemongrass and Tea Tree; Organic Rosemary Oil Extract 

6 comments:

Amber Doterra said...

Do you like this better than Nourish? I have tried every natural deo out there (ok, maybe 12?!) and so far, I am loving nourish!

Shauna said...

You know I think I do! I love Nourish too, but it didn't work that greay for me in the summer heat. I love the smell more than this one though :) They clay silk snells like spearmint gum!

Amber Doterra said...

Mmmm love spearmint! Thanks for the review! Love your blog and was so happy to see a new post tonight! :)

Shauna said...

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it :)

Heather T said...

I love Chagrin Valley! They are an amazing company and make superb products! I have tried so much of their line (reviews on my blog ecodivablog.wordpress.com) and have had great success with most of them including the deodorant although I use the baking soda one. I'm so glad that the clay silk works for you! Great review!

Shauna said...

Thank you Heather! I am glad you liked it! I love every single Chagrin Valley product I have tried.